Growth Groups are groups of 6‑12 people who meet during the week to share their lives, study the Scriptures to understand God’s will, and pray together. For more information, please call the church. We’ll provide the contact information for the program you’re interested in.
Reading Through the Bible – This group will be looking at some of the interesting women of the Bible, including Rahab and Mary Magdalene.
- Start Date: September 12th
- Wednesdays @ 7:00 p.m. @ the Duffield’s home (8202 – 98 Avenue)
- Call Janet @ 998-9206 for details
Alpha is a series of interactive sessions exploring the basics of the Christian faith. Each session looks at a different question, and is designed to create conversation. There’s not pressure, no follow-up and no charge. It’s just an open, informal and honest space to explore and discuss life’s big questions together. Alpha runs for about 11 weeks. Enjoy a meal, video teaching and group discussion.
Jesus the Game Changer traces the astonishing and undeniable path of Jesus of Nazareth to now, bringing us to the overwhelming conclusion that Jesus is the most influential game changer in human history. Each thought-provoking chapter shares insights from historians, academics and authors from all over the world. Most are followers of Jesus, others are not. Across their diverse areas of expertise, they help us discover how the life and teaching of Jesus changed the world for women and children, education, health, wealth, leadership, democracy and more, and why it matters.
- Start Date: September 19th
- Wednesdays @ 6:15 p.m. @ the church – dinner, followed by the group studies
- Call Jane and Dave Keenan @ 992-1211 for Jesus the Game Changer details
- Call Pastor Mac @ 718-6880 for Alpha details
Beloved Disciple: The Life and Ministry of John – This is a 10-week women’s personal interactive Bible study by Beth Moore, and includes group video sessions. Explore the life of the apostle John who had the God-given gift of seeing a larger picture. John’s love relationship with Jesus Christ profoundly influenced everything he did and write.
- Start Date: September 21st
- Fridays @ 9:30 p.m. @ the Sutherland’s home (9709 – 93 Avenue)
- Call Tracy @ 908-9392 for details
- Bible Memorization Club is a group that meets the first Sunday of each month following the Worship service. Memorizing God’s Word is a great way to learn from His handbook on life. Each month the verse is posted on Facebook as well. Check it out!
- Christian Book Club is a group of individuals that read a book and then meet for discussion @ 7:00 p.m. at Jeff Hamm’s home (7918 – 93A Avenue). Call 940-0647 for details.
- Saturday, September 29th – “Knowing God” by J.I. Packer
- Saturday, November 24th – “Pilgrim’s Progress” by John Bunyan
- January TBD – “Christy” by Catherine Marshall (a good novel to read over the Christian season)
- Finding God in the Movies Club meets periodically for a potluck meal, to watch a movie and enjoy lively discussion at Jeff Hamm’s home (7918 – 93A Avenue). Call 940-0647 for details.
The studies change periodically, so if you want to be a part of a small group, watch for details on Facebook, our website or new studies announced in the Weekly Events.